Connecting to instances through the Dashboard uses VNC proxy session. The packages “nonce”, “nova-console-auth”, “nova-console” are used. The connection is WebRTC connection so the browser must support WebRTC (e.g Firefox, Chrome,..). If your Openstack’s installation is completed successfully, you should not have problem with accessing the instance console.To know how to install Openstack, click here.
To access the console follow these simple steps:
- Go to Openstack dashboard by browsing the default URL ” http://Your-IP-Address/dashboard “.
- On the left-side navigation menu, click on “Instances”.
- Click on your instance name. Be sure it is powered on.
- click on “Console” tab. You will get it:
Now i will login to my instance as root. Here I wrote an article about how to inject root password in your instance.
- The instance must support local login. Usually SSH is expected to be used.
- Some interesting parameters: “can_set_password
"in the dashboard local settings file “/usr/share/openstack-dashboard/openstack_dashboard/local/local_settings.py”, and the parameter “enable_instance_password” in the file “/etc/nova/nova.conf”.